Friday, September 6, 2019

And, as I was saying . . .

In late 2016 I penned what I called "My Last Blog Post" and I thought I meant it. However, here we are three years later and I find myself writing again.

In some ways so much has changed in the three years. In other ways, very little has changed. Since I last wrote the virtual school model has continued to deteriorate.

California sued K12
ECOT (Ohio) was shut down
A3 (California) leaders are under investigation for crimes
Epic (Oklahoma) leaders are under investigation for embezzlement
Georgia Cyber and K12 are in litigation

What hasn't changed much? Virtual schools continue to struggle with academic progress, retention, and in-year withdrawals.

Search "North Carolina virtual schools" and you will see what I mean. Then, search "Georgia online schools" and you will see it again. Oh, wait, search "California virtual schools" and you will see it once more.

So, over the past year, I have taken my effort to the state level. By working with states, I intend to reimagine virtual learning, create new models of virtual schools, and serve the kids the way they deserve to be served.

All I needed was "one little spark of inspiration."

#virtualschools #K12 #GeorgiaCyber #NorthCarolinaVirtual #A3 #EpicCharterSchools #elearning #Tennessee #Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment