Monday, February 22, 2016

Haystack Rock in Oregon & the original Starbucks

Yesterday my wife and I spent the day driving from Vancouver, BC, Canada down to Cannon Beach, Oregon.

Along the way, and after an hour delay at the border crossing, we stopped off at the original Starbucks in Pike Place Market (Seattle). While I had been there before, it was the first time for my wife. We enjoyed taking in the atmosphere of the original location, and talking with the Baristas. Come to find out, they actually sell more merchandise than coffee at Pike Place (we did help them out in both arenas while there -- merchandise and coffee).

Then, we proceeded down I-5 and ventured off toward Mt. Rainier making our way down the winding Highway 7 toward Elbe, Oregon.  We even tried our hand at Squatch hunting (to no avail -- nor did we see Bigfoot in Starbucks either which is where I am more likely to find him).

By the time we finished at Rainier it was too dark to see Mt. St. Helen's but we tried to anyway.

Now, today we wake to see Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Our suite is literally about 1,000 yards from it and as I write this, it is within my view -- such a beautiful landmark.

We are living what we call Life: Relocated with the determination that we are not waiting until some "retirement" to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

Hope you decide to do the same.

houston@figment-consulting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment