In a 2013 Parent Satisfaction Survey conducted by Connections Academy, the results are as follows:
* 96% of parents agree that the curriculum is of high quality
* 94% of parents agree their children are satisfied with the program
* 95% of parents are satisfied with teachers' helpfulness
* 94% of parents are satisfied with the variety of learning activities
* 92% of parents would recommend Connections Academy to other parents
* 94% of parents agree that our technology tools improve their child's learning experience
Not to be outdone, K12, offers the following:
* 97% of K12 parents say their student has benefited academically from the K12 curriculum
* 96% of K12 parents say their student has benefited academically from attending their K12 school
And yet, with all of these high marks, 30-40% of students leave these schools each year (in some cases the percentage is much higher). For Connections Academy, the overall real numbers are smaller because they serve less students nationally, but the story remains the same - evidently high satisfaction numbers equals high atrrition rates.
The current model is not working. It's time to re-imagine virtual.