Friday, May 9, 2014

The dance of the investment call.

I spend part of my time listening to investment calls and pouring over call transcripts to glean information, tidbits, insight, and overall direction as it relates primarily to education providers, virtual school providers, and eLearning providers.

What amazes me is the almost choreographed dance that occurs between company representatives and investment firms on the calls I listen to. The surface-level harmony that exists between the statements, questions and answers causes me to question the purpose behind the calls, other than a simple formality.

I wonder if investors would be better served if the calls were more like investigative journalism instead of public relations positioning?

houston@figment-consulting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment